Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Judge Judy, Dr Phil, and I call Wal Mart

This is a prank call my roommates and I did freshman year at BYU.

We were in herriman halls at the time, and someone showed me a webpage that allowed us to use pre-recorded messages of celebrity voices, called a "soundboard." So, realizing we could do some pretty awesome prank calls, Ethan (my then roommate) and I turned our room into a crank call command center. We set up a speakerphone, and had my computer speakers all ready, and had his computer recording the sound (so we could keep a recording of it all.)

In the end this was the best one we pulled off.

I was the "master"mind behind this one. Meaning I was the one using the computer at the time and choosing what "Judge Judy" was going to say. And let me tell you, it's harder than it looks. Because "Judge Judy" has a limited vocabulary. And pretending to be a person in real time means you have to respond to things right away. Which is why the conversation is pretty non-sensical at times. But hey, I did the best I could. :-)

Oh and one other thing, the switch from Judge Judy to Dr. Phil was suggested by my roommate, who thought it would be funny to change voices when the call was transferred to a manager (which it inevitably was.)

Judge Judy and Dr. Phil, your public awaits...

0 comments: