Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

BYU Birthday Justice

Posted in
Episode ?: Bad Birthday Karma at BYU

Once upon a time in "happy land" I was an RA (Resident Assistant) in Helaman Halls. (2006-2007). Early on, I became very good friends with most of my residents (though a few were hard to break the ice with). But one guy in particular stood out as a very extroverted fun-loving hell-raiser. His name is Chris, a proud southerner with southern pride. He was always up for a good laugh, especially if it involved something devious (usually he was the instigator).

Because of this I had to turn many a blind eye when he (and company) went around shooting water balloons at the sunday-night tunnel singers or when they tied shut the other RA's rooms. (And I even collaborated with a few pranks. .. Okay more like several ... but you didn't hear it from me.)

My first impression of Chris was a garbage can full of water propped against my door in the middle of the night. He "doorbell ditched" and when I opened the door the can tipped over, flooding everywhere. I heard giggling down the hall which led me to the perp. He was classy about it, taking credit and even offering to clean it up. Lucky for him I thought it was hilarious. And from that he took license to prank anyone and everyone with everything from water-traps to terrorizing people with a Christopher-Lloyd-Zombie mask (to name only a few). Good times.

So one day, still pretty early into the semester, one of Chris' buddies comes to me and asks if I want in on a "birthday surprise" retribution prank. Of course I did. And I even upped the ante with my ideas---which we decided to go with. Here it is on film!



PS ... that water was ice, ice cold! :)

Hmm ... maybe I'll start posting some of the other crazy stuff that happened in my hall. But not now.

2 comments:

David Baker-@DB389 said...

These sound vaguely familiar. I remember waking up because these guys were attacking the third floor using the stairwell right by my door so I got my Boken (wooden Katana) and went up to the third floor to regulate. I wouldn't be surprised is Fabbi still has a picture that got handed to him. speaking of which I saw him today at the institute, and while I was debating to yell out FABBI from behind a crowd of people or speak to him in Arabic he left :(

Mary P said...

Ha ha ha, I want to see more.