Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Twilight is Overrated

Posted in
Like the books or not, that's your call. But the hype is annoying.

Doesn't it look more like the opening of a new gay bar, than a film release? I mean, red leather jackets? And those hair styles. Definitely the work of someone named Bruce.

If you listen carefully, you can hear "Night Fever" playing in the background.

3 comments:

Mary P said...

I TOTALLY agree!

I will probably watch this movie (though I don't expect much) but I am waiting for a month or three. I figure if I go during the morning on a day when I can't get work, all the 13 year old girls with Edward tattoos will be in school.

Right?

....maybe I'll rent it.

A Paperback Writer said...

No, no -- it's "Macho Man" playing in the background.....

Aside from the fact that I have major issues with the whole celebration of the spineless female and the emotionally abusive male in the book, I have additional issues with the movie. I mean, the whole main point of the edwardmania is that he's supposed to be majorly hot, right? Teen girls and middle-aged women who really need careers instead of silly books are being titilated because Edward is supposed to be a sparkly sex god of some sort.
Fine.
So why the heck did they turn a nice looking actor into a zombie version of a greaser? Seriously, the guy looks like he's Edward Scissorhands' younger brother. I'm sorry, but Lugosi in 1931 was sexier than Edward is in the movie ads. Gag.
Plus, Bella's supposed to be plain, but she's not in the film. If she's that pretty, why can't she get a normal boyfriend, then? Why would she want Mr. Pale and Cold if he's ugly and she's hot? Is she a necrophiliac or what?
At least it made sense when he was sexy and she wasn't -- except she smelled good to him. That way she couldn't get a decent guy and settled for the freak.

Rich Sanders said...

Good thoughts. Yes, Quixotic, I recommend renting and/or dollar movie.

Paperback, good point. I've never been a hyper-obsessed teenage girl (and/or middle aged) with an Edward fetish, so I can't really tell the difference.

However... "ice cold" and "pale" are not in my list of qualities regarding attractive women.

And I can definitely see the relation to Edward Scissorhands.