Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

CNN's Odd Obituaries

I know this is old, but I read about it again today and it made me bust up laughing. Much to the distraction of the students in my lab. So I just had to share.

In 2003 CNN had posted some obituary templates online, which were accessible to the public. So, in the eyes of many, CNN had falsely reported the deaths of people who weren't yet dead, and because they used templates - the details of those persons' lives were incorrect.

My favorite was describing Cuba's then president Fidel Castro.
Lifeguard, Athlete, Movie Star



But other gems include Dick Cheney who was, apparently, "UK's favorite grandmother", and for the Pope his obituary listed his love of racing.

Ahhh the sides of famous people we never heard about.

Somehow seeing the Pope at the Indy 500 and Castro in red shorts on a lifeguard stand, just makes me smile.

0 comments: