Posted in
OK, so new is an exaggeration. But it's new to me.
Recently my beloved and beautiful '95 Lexus es 300 has become untrustworthy to drive long distances and I needed something that isn't so much of a fuel badger. Given that I have very little money and I need a newer car with better fuel economy and reliability, that meant things like nice stereos, tinted windows, leather seats, keyless entries, rims, and moonroofs had to go. Unfortunately. But needs are needs and, with the help of Rob and my dad, we finally settled on a 2000 Toyota Corolla.
This car is in good shape with 115,000 miles, it's a 5 speed manual (no more pining over busted auto transmissions) and drives as solidly as a rock. I couldn't believe how firm it was. Add in the fact that my MPG just improved from 21 to 30+ it's a dream come true.
On the downside, it's as plain as paper and, if anything, ugly. A very, very boring looking car. Meant for those who want to travel in absolute anonymity. Oh and it's even whiter than I am. The most practical and most boring of all colors.

These are stock images since I haven't actually photographed my car, which has ugly hubcaps and a few cosmetic issues. (Though, as I told my dad, I'd rather have work needed on the outside of the hood than the inside.)

For fun I checked KSL Cars again and browsed through today's offerings. This is one that caught my eye, but not because I think it's a good deal. It's the picture.

Anyone else think it's strange the guy uploaded a ship?
Recently my beloved and beautiful '95 Lexus es 300 has become untrustworthy to drive long distances and I needed something that isn't so much of a fuel badger. Given that I have very little money and I need a newer car with better fuel economy and reliability, that meant things like nice stereos, tinted windows, leather seats, keyless entries, rims, and moonroofs had to go. Unfortunately. But needs are needs and, with the help of Rob and my dad, we finally settled on a 2000 Toyota Corolla.
This car is in good shape with 115,000 miles, it's a 5 speed manual (no more pining over busted auto transmissions) and drives as solidly as a rock. I couldn't believe how firm it was. Add in the fact that my MPG just improved from 21 to 30+ it's a dream come true.
On the downside, it's as plain as paper and, if anything, ugly. A very, very boring looking car. Meant for those who want to travel in absolute anonymity. Oh and it's even whiter than I am. The most practical and most boring of all colors.

These are stock images since I haven't actually photographed my car, which has ugly hubcaps and a few cosmetic issues. (Though, as I told my dad, I'd rather have work needed on the outside of the hood than the inside.)

For fun I checked KSL Cars again and browsed through today's offerings. This is one that caught my eye, but not because I think it's a good deal. It's the picture.
Anyone else think it's strange the guy uploaded a ship?











